multi-ask

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 16:57:54 UTC 2021

Interesting idea to attempt coax Mojave to build for 32-bit. However, I find when I stray from conventional installations to custom, even when I take detailed notes, over time I forget what I did, and it becomes an issue when recreating an installation.

I'm not sure "need" is accurate, but I'd like to have basiliskii and sheepshaver to possibly support a personal journey with Apple 68k hardware. While qemu appears to be moving towards full 68k support, afaik the only way to emulate the old systems in qemu is with a binary alpha release, qemu-system-m68k. As soon as qemu supports mac 68k emulation in general release, and is available through macports, I can return to Mojave or Catalina, as Apple's ban on 32-bit shouldn't reach into emulator guests.