What is up with perl5.26 on Snow Leo?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:58:31 UTC 2021

> Ok... the significance of this is...??
Well in your case, the significance of appears overwhelming — in that it is an excellent clue as to the cause of your problem, I believe.

ie - there is nothing wrong on your system, it is nothing you did, it is not your fault, indeed something has changed — all that kind of stuff.

So it is the starting point of sorting out a solution maybe, whatever the solution might be.

I think - on systems of a certain age, we leave the build compiler for perl as the build compiler, and just add a run dep on that compiler for perl.

Maybe. I gave it literally just 60 seconds worth of thought, so perhaps (no doubt) you will come up with something better for us.

Ken