is macports getting rusty?

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Mon Nov 29 11:43:49 UTC 2021

I think this is more a reflection of the open source landscape than
anything we're doing.

py-cryptography, for example, is 8% Rust, according to Github. I don't know
when they added it, but the latest version needs it. Same goes for rav1e.
It's one-third Rust.

Along with Go, you're going to see more and more Rust. I think the only way
around that is waiting for a binary package.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>
GitHub Profile <https://github.com/markemer>