ccache problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 3 15:12:58 UTC 2022

On Apr 1, 2022, at 13:38, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> ```
> ccache /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-13 ... conftest.c >&5
> ccache: error: Failed to create temporary file for /run/user/507/ccache-tmp/tmp.cpp_stdout.RTVNqj: Operation not permitted
> ```

> What's the reason that `port` tries to use `/run/user/507/ccache-tmp/`
> (uid 507 = macports) instead of the default ccache dir?

I've never heard of that happening before. macOS has never had a /run directory.

Is a path beginning with /run/user familiar to you? Do you have something special set on your system that uses such paths?

Does this happen with any other ports or just lilypond-devel? Maybe lilypond-devel's build system is doing something weird.