ccache problem

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Apr 9 19:33:33 UTC 2022

>> ```
>> ccache /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-13 ... conftest.c >&5
>> ccache: error: Failed to create temporary file for
>>   /run/user/507/ccache-tmp/tmp.cpp_stdout.RTVNqj: Operation not permitted
>> ```
>>
>> What's the reason that `port` tries to use
>> `/run/user/507/ccache-tmp/` (uid 507 = macports) instead of the
>> default ccache dir?
>
> I've never heard of that happening before. macOS has never had a
> /run directory.

Well, I'm not a MacOS user – except doing regular updates for MacPorts
(and checking/adjusting the LilyPond port if necessary), this computer
isn't used for anything else.

> Is a path beginning with /run/user familiar to you?

No.

> Do you have something special set on your system that uses such
> paths?

No idea.  As mentioned in my previous e-mail, I haven't changed
anything in the configuration.

> Does this happen with any other ports or just lilypond-devel?  Maybe
> lilypond-devel's build system is doing something weird.

It seems to be a problem with the 'ccache' package/port on MacOS
10.7.5.  After updating to current git (and running `port sync`),
`port upgrade outdated` just tried to compile emacs 28.1, and exactly
the same problem happened.

How can I test most easily whether my assumption is correct?  What is
the recommended way to install an older version of 'ccache'?

    Werner