libusb-devel port

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Tue Apr 5 10:33:16 UTC 2022

I’m in the need of testing a libusb issue with an intermediate build of libusb (1.0.26-rc1, that is)

Since I’m always reluctant of mixing brew and macports - is that actually „dangerous“ or impossible at all, should that be avoided or can it be done -

One of the developers of libusb told me that the libusb-devel port is broken. I’d prefer using macports. Trying it, I got:

$ sudo port install libusb-devel
Password:

Error: Can't install libusb-devel because conflicting ports are active: libusb
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe there is a bug.
Error: Processing of port libusb-devel failed
$

Any advice?

—
Christoph