"list-unsubscribe" mail header & no footer

Mike Cappella mike at cappella.us
Tue Apr 5 19:38:27 UTC 2022

> On Apr 5, 2022, at 11:12 AM, André-John Mas <andrejohn.mas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just noticed that the emails for "macports users" aren't showing the "unsubscribe" button in
> Apple Mail and they don't have a footer to link to unsubscribe instructions, as I am used to
> seeing in other list server based messages.
>
> Which is the right channel to bring up this issue?

You've likely hit the X to clear the Unsubscribe button, and this gets stored as a property:

    ~/Library/Mail/V9/MailData/

$ plutil -p EMUbiquitouslyPersistedDictionary-com.apple.mail.listUnsubscribeInfo.plist
{
  "data" => {
    "L:macports-users.lists.macports.org" => {
      "updatedAt" => 670876830
      "value" => "ignored"
    }
  }
  "version" => 1
}

Note the value "ignored" above, which I believe prevents showing the Unsubscribe button.

They will also be in the sandboxed area:

    ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Mail/Data/Library/Mail/V9/MailData/

I'm not sure what path to provide to clear the property.