libusb-devel port

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 20:53:24 UTC 2022

> On 5 Apr 2022, at 3:08 pm, Christoph Kukulies <kuku at kukulies.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks. Assumed I have downloaded a binary release from libusb’s github Releases and it looks like that in the tree:
>
> $ find macos_11.6
> macos_11.6
> macos_11.6/.DS_Store
> macos_11.6/bin
> macos_11.6/bin/dpfp
> macos_11.6/bin/listdevs
> macos_11.6/bin/sam3u_benchmark
> macos_11.6/bin/fxload
> macos_11.6/bin/xusb
> macos_11.6/bin/testlibusb
> macos_11.6/bin/hotplugtest
> macos_11.6/bin/stress
> macos_11.6/include
> macos_11.6/include/.DS_Store
> macos_11.6/include/libusb-1.0
> macos_11.6/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h
> macos_11.6/lib
> macos_11.6/lib/pkgconfig
> macos_11.6/lib/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc
> macos_11.6/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib
> macos_11.6/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
> macos_11.6/lib/libusb-1.0.a
> macos_11.6/lib/libusb-1.0.la
>
> How can I make these active in libusb-devel or otherwise available?

You cannot. Macports strongly prefers to build ports from source itself, and only redistributes rebuilt binaries in extreme circumstances.

You need to update the port file to fetch and then build a newer github revision for the devel subport. See

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/584723a8c2a65990bd0566b226f8c31b7f30fce5/devel/libusb/Portfile

See line 60 onwards.

That said, the devel port currently builds a revision that appears to be from the 3rd of April this year, so is pretty recent. Is this not new enough ?

Chris