Replacement Options for Discontinued macOS Server

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:54:10 UTC 2022

I took an old, useless-for-macOS Intel system and installed Ubuntu 20.04 on it. A Core2 Duo with 2GB ram is fine for this.

letsencrypt manages all the certificate renewals automatically for all my ssl domains every 90 days or so. I installed it a few years ago and never thought about it again.

The web server, print server, file server, fax server using hylafax, media server, and mail server all work very easily. webmin is a fine GUI front end for most needs.

updates itself every few hours from ubuntu.

There are hundreds of walkthrus on the web for any problem you might have, and thousands of users doing the same thing.

haven’t bothered to look at configuring apple devices yet.