qemu + macOS 11

Sriranga Veeraraghavan sriranga at berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 15 17:18:27 UTC 2022

Hi Mark,

The macports versions of qemu ppc, x86_64, and aarch64 all work for me (at least for OpenBSD & FreeBSD guests) on MacOS 11.6.8 on my M1 Mac.

I haven’t tried m68k, but the qemu wiki suggests that MacOS may not be fully bootable yet ("Note: Mac OS currently will not fully boot on qemu-system-m68k”), see:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/m68k <https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/m68k>

But e-maculation.com’s m68k guide suggests that it is possible:

https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/m68k-qemu-on-osx <https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/m68k-qemu-on-osx>

You may want to try out the approach suggested on that guide.

Best,

-ranga