ftp client

smitty_decoy at mac.com smitty_decoy at mac.com
Thu Aug 25 15:14:21 UTC 2022

I need to use FTP in my work (even in 2022) and I need an FTP CLI client that is capable of doing FTP over TLS ("ftps", which is NOT the same as sftp). For reasons that I don't recall, some years ago I settled on "lftp" via MacPorts, and it has served me well. This discussion has made me wonder again about ncftp. But you might try out lftp.

For a GUI client, for years I've used Cyberduck (mentioned by others) and it has been a solid choice for me.

 Smith