clamav-server configuration

Lenore Horner lenorehorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 28 15:22:59 UTC 2022

Clamav-server has a really nice set of notes at the end about how to set it up.  Thank you to the folks who set that up.

I was following those instructions and got to the part
> Clamav Scan-On-Demand is performed with the command:
>
>             /opt/local/bin/ClamavScanIt.sh file1 [directory1] [file2 ...]
>
>         A Finder.app Contextual Menu applies ClamavScanIt.sh to the selected
>         items in Finder.app. Add this menu item with the command:
>
>             cp -R /opt/local/share/clamav/ClamavScanIt.workflow
>     ~/Library/Services
>             open -a Automator ~/Library/Services/ClamavScanIt.workflow \
>       && osascript -e 'quit app "Automator"'
But when I ran the automator command on my Monterey system the following happened.

open -a Automator ~/Library/Services/ClamavScanIt.workflow \ && osascript -e 'quit app "Automator"'
The file /Users/MyUserName/  does not exist.

I substituted MyUserName for my actual username which was correct in the actual results from running the command.

ClamavScanIt.workflow is a directory which contains solely the directory Content which contains Info.plist, Resources, QuickLook, document.wflow.

I can go into Automater and open ClamavScanIt.workflow.  I can also find ClamavScanIt in services in the finder and can select it.  Nothing obvious happened when I did so I don't actually know if it's working.  Did the command actually fail?  Why is it complaining about the non-existence of a directory which is very much alive and well?

Thanks,
Lenore