How to clean up failed build with lots of dependencies?

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:52:51 UTC 2022

Hello,

I wanted to check out NetSurf today on Mojave. A lot of dependencies built fine, but gtk3 choked. I'm in the process of creating a ticket for this, but the same build is still in progress on Mountain Lion, and I want to wait to see if it completes (started early this morning and still going; the Macmini5,2 is a real dog).

I always thought that I could clean up a failed build with

port -vf uninstall --follow-dependencies NetSurf

but the build failed on gtk3, and thus NetSurf is not installed.

I likely had a number of NetSurf dependencies installed already, but there are 216 of them, and without NetSurf, many will be pointless until when or if I can ever successfully build NetSurf.

Does MacPorts have a way to uninstall the dependencies it installed in attempting to build NetSurf (or any complex port that fails to build) without uninstalling the dependencies that were already installed?

Will "port reclaim" catch these?

Thanks.
--Chilli