How to clean up failed build with lots of dependencies?

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:40:27 UTC 2022

On a hunch, I installed XQuartz 2.7.11, but now I get this when I try to start netsurf-gtk3

bash-3.2$ netsurf-gtk3
dbus[2197]: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Options failed to initialise (BadParameter)

Of course, org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is neither loaded nor installed. Using Pacifist, I looked in the XQuartz package, and it is not in there, thus it was not installed.

[sigh]