High Sierra

James jam at tigger.ws
Fri Dec 16 23:45:26 UTC 2022

Hi
many folk here run older macos. Perhaps someone can help me

I've a 2011 iMac27 pegged at High Sierra
I was trying to build mythtv; all my attempts to create a High Sierra VM failed, and I caused great chaos on my main machine. Naw wurries I'll just reinstall. All the gods snicked and nudged each other!

A long time later I have a working High Sierra.
Now I'm trying to install macports. I glean that I need xcode 10.4 Which I've got on timemachine, but apple does not list as available.
https://developer.apple.com/download/all/ <https://developer.apple.com/download/all/>

I cant access old time machine images :-( Apple Support Community suggest restoring THAT image on a usb drive to get the image. I can access the archive directly but with strange ACL permissions.

Any suggestion on how to get xcode 10.4
What about CLI tools

Thanks
James