[managing multiple Ruby installations]

akierig portup at aeksys.net
Sat Dec 24 02:52:42 UTC 2022

Maxim:

in this instance I’d suggest `rbenv` and `rbenv install` (best
installed directly) here: https://github.com/rbenv/rbenv.

if you want to stick with macports’ ruby, `sudo port select ruby` will
switch versions systemwide. `rbenv`, however, can use different rubies
per folder and will manage the gems etc in the `~/.rbenv` folder (or
wherever you install it).

You can also switch to just setting some variables in your shell
configuration and specifying where you want ruby to install things.
Scroll down to the ruby section here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/XDG_Base_Directory#Supported.

best,

ak