evince post install launch tweaks help needed

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:45:58 UTC 2022

Hi;

  I running MacPorts with MacOS Ventura 13.1 w/ M1 CPU.

  I had previously installed evince but was getting periodic flashing
on-and-off when trying to view a postscript file.

  So I re-installed evince from source and the following is the output
from the install.  I don't know how to make certain that evince will
launch properly.

  I installed xQuartz from homebrew, I'm not certain how to get an
XWindows environment properly set up using MacPorts.  Perhaps that is
part of my problem.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.locale” has path “/system/locale/”.
Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or “/system/” are
deprecated.
Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.proxy” has path “/system/proxy/”.
Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or “/system/” are
deprecated.
Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.proxy.http” has path
“/system/proxy/http/”.  Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or
“/system/” are deprecated.
Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.proxy.https” has path
“/system/proxy/https/”.  Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or
“/system/” are deprecated.
Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.proxy.ftp” has path
“/system/proxy/ftp/”.  Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or
“/system/” are deprecated.
Warning: Schema “org.gnome.system.proxy.socks” has path
“/system/proxy/socks/”.  Paths starting with “/apps/”, “/desktop/” or
“/system/” are deprecated.
--->  Cleaning evince
--->  Removing work directory for evince
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.
--->  No broken ports found.
~: evince ~/Blowin_in_the_Wind.ps
dbus[29961]: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did
not provide a socket path, verify that
org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!