evince post install launch tweaks help needed

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:03:57 UTC 2022

I just went through this on Mountain Lion and Mojave. I believe it's

 sudo port install xorg

Installs XQuartz X11.app in /Applications/MacPorts
but I think also may need to

sudo port load dbus

and log out and back in again.

IMO, Homebrew is a bloody mess. Good luck uninstalling it. Probably easier to reformat and reinstall the system. I don't understand the attraction to it. It's an exceptionally poor implementation of a package management system.