How do people use ManageSieve on macOS

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 19 14:19:33 UTC 2022

I have a dovecot & dovecot-sieve running under MacPorts on my macOS ’server’. I do a very low tech maintenance on sieve, by using the cli on the server and edit sieve by hand for myself. I’d like to open this up to other users.

How do people use this from their macOS clients? For this, the ManageSieve protocol exists and this is implemented by dovecot-sieve, but other than installing roundcube and offering a web-based mail client that also supports ManageSieve, is there another way? A ManageSieve client that directly runs on the macOS client and interfaces with dovecot-sieve on the server?

After all, routing mail to different mailboxes better happens server-side so that all clients profit.

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>