How do people use ManageSieve on macOS

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Feb 20 15:24:58 UTC 2022

On Feb 19, 2022, at 9:19 AM, Gerben Wierda via macports-users <macports-users at lists.macports.org> wrote:
> How do people use this from their macOS clients? For this, the ManageSieve protocol exists and this is implemented by dovecot-sieve, but other than installing roundcube and offering a web-based mail client that also supports ManageSieve, is there another way? A ManageSieve client that directly runs on the macOS client and interfaces with dovecot-sieve on the server?

For my small mailserver, I've got RoundCube setup + a few people have shell access and can edit stuff by hand if they like. This way I don't have to expose the ManageSieve port directly to the world (although it would probably be fine).

In practice, I setup a default ruleset and almost everyone just uses that.

http://sieve.info/clients has a list of clients that can use ManageSieve.

--
Daniel J. Luke