Is this git handling of a problem on my macports-ports fork&clone OK?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Feb 20 17:37:06 UTC 2022

Our suggested method of updating a fork is here:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#upstream-fetch>

Hopefully you're not committing to master locally, as that's just asking
for trouble. If you're not, no resetting or force pushing of master
should be necessary. If you have uncommitted local changes, you probably
need to use --autostash when rebasing. If there are conflicts, you
resolve them when the stash is popped at the end.

If you then create your PR branches starting from master, everything
should work pretty smoothly.

- Josh