Is this git handling of a problem on my macports-ports fork&clone OK?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sun Feb 20 23:01:12 UTC 2022

I’m certainly not pushing to my master, if I create changes I use branches. I do a pull request from such a branch (rebased with an updated master from upstream)

It’s just that when I don’t have any work outstanding, I have a set of commands that creates a hard reset from upstream which is then pushed to my own fork on GitHub. Just to be on the safe side as git has too much rope to hang myself with.

Stuff like ‘—autostash' and ‘popping the stash’ is gobbledygook to me. git is just something that covers so many complex scenario’s and I am using it so little in those scenarios that most of it is simply out of my understanding.

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>