ffmpeg unexpectedly uninstalled

Mick MickBert at posteo.net
Tue Jan 4 08:24:25 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 08:56:43AM +0700, Michael Newman via macports-users wrote:
> I'm using the -f option because I copied it from some recommendation I read somewhere. I'm not smart enough to figure things like this out myself so I usually rely on what I find by searching. For years I just ran:
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> sudo port upgrade outdated
>
> But then I read somewhere that to remove unneeded junk I should also run:
>
> sudo port -f clean --all all
> sudo port -f uninstall inactive
> sudo port uninstall leaves

What I usually do, is:

  sudo port selfupdate
  sudo port -u upgrade outdated

I read quite recently in the port documentation (man port) about the
usage of that "-u" option, which does exactly what you want, that is
removing inactive ports.

I'm not an expert; I just read every now and than chunk of the manual,
so any comment from people with more knowelge/experience is wellcome,
even just a confirmation.
--
Mick