ffmpeg unexpectedly uninstalled

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 08:52:21 UTC 2022

As others have already commented, the best way to perform regular clean up on your installation is to just run

> sudo port reclaim

that does a number of tasks, all designed to clean up your installation.

Personally, I also occasionally run

> port list requested

to see the list of ports I have actively *requested* to be installed. This excludes ports just installed as dependencies of others.

If there are any in that list I do not really want any longer, I then run

> sudo port setunrequested <port list>

on them. port reclaim will then remove these ports, if they are not required as a dep of some other one.

Chris