ffmpeg unexpectedly uninstalled

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 09:47:57 UTC 2022

> On 4 Jan 2022, at 9:38 am, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Jan 4, 2022, at 02:52, Christopher Jones wrote:
>
>> Personally, I also occasionally run
>>
>>> port list requested
>>
>> to see the list of ports I have actively *requested* to be installed. This excludes ports just installed as dependencies of others.
>
> Note that you should use "port installed requested" rather than "port list requested" since "port list" will show you what is available whereas "port installed" will show you what is actually installed. See:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#portlist
>
> "port installed" is also considerably faster than "port list”.

yeah, I am ware of this option (and port list gives a warning at the start)

Oberon ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > port list requested
Warning: The 'list' action only shows the currently available version of each port. To see installed versions, use the 'installed' action.
<snip>

I still use it though as frankly I prefer the formatting of the output it gives, compared to ‘port installed’

Chris