catalina full disk access

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 27 02:38:49 UTC 2022

On Jan 26, 2022, at 08:24, Arno S. Hautala wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2022, at 12:39, paul wrote:
>
>> /usr/sbin/cron
>> /opt/local/bin/bash
>> /opt/local/bin/rsnapshot
>> /opt/local/bin/rsync
>> /opt/local/bin/gcp
>> all have full disk access in system preferences.

I'm not sure if this is it, I've only had a few months of experience with OS versions that have this "full disk access" thing, but it seems like if you authorize a binary to do something, and then update the binary (for example in this case with "sudo port upgrade outdated"), then the authorization goes away even though the binary is still listed as authorized in System Preferences. Can you try removing the item's authorization in System Preferences and then re-adding it?

> The behavior has also seen some changes under different OS versions. What are you using?

Subject line says Catalina.