MacPorts XCode Installation

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 14:46:14 UTC 2022

On Mar 7, 2022, at 08:34, Michele Venturi wrote:

> If I install MPV without Xcode I get an error when I launch it:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libswiftAVFoundation.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/mpv
>   Reason: image not found
>
> It's missing something,have you tried to execute it on 10.13?

I have not.

I guess you're right, in relation to the Swift language usage I mentioned earlier, this port does appear to need libswiftAVFoundation.dylib at runtime. And maybe it is expecting to find it within Xcode on your system. (It depends on what @rpath expands to. I forget what the command is to interrogate a binary about its rpaths.)

Swift is still a new programming language and I don't think we have many ports in MacPorts that use Swift so I'm not sure if this should be considered normal or not.

I see that I have many copies of libswiftAVFoundation.dylib on my system, within various applications' bundles, so I guess Apple expects people to include copies of the Swift dylibs with their application.

On my 10.15 system, it does not link with @rpath/libswiftAVFoundation.dylib. It links with various Swift dylibs in /usr/lib/swift. Maybe the port can be made to do so on 10.13 as well.

You should file a bug report about this mpv problem.