MacPorts XCode Installation

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 15:47:03 UTC 2022

On 07/03/2022 3:31 pm, Michele Venturi wrote:
> I have the required libraries in /usr/lib/swift too,but MPV is looking
> for them in /opt/local/lib,so it doesn't find them:
>
> otool -l $(which mpv)
> cmd LC_RPATH
> cmdsize 32
> path /opt/local/lib (offset 12)
>
> Should we change RPATH or add symbolic links?

No, those are not the solutions here. If there is an issue with the
build on 10.13 we should fix that instead, rather than apply
after-the-fact bandaids.

The first thing to determine is if its a MacPorts specific issue due to
how the build is performed, or an upstream issue. Either way please
submit a bug report to macports trac so the discussion on this can
continue there.

Chris