Remove "Phantom" Ports

Sriranga Veeraraghavan sriranga at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 10 02:45:10 UTC 2022

To keep my ports up-to-date, I normally used the following about a once a week:

$ sudo port selfupdate
$ sudo port -u upgrade outdated

to which I now plan to add:

$ sudo port reclaim

You mention running ‘port -u uninstall’ before ‘port self update’.  Is there some reason to do that instead of using the -u option when running ‘port upgrade outdated’?

Best,

-ranga