Issues installing p7zip

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 17 17:50:58 UTC 2022

On Mar 17, 2022, at 11:46, André-John Mas wrote:

> I am having issues installing p7zip on macOS 12.2.1:

It does not appear that you have encountered any problem installing p7zip. Does p7zip work or no?

> rning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)

In macports.conf you have set universal_archs to an invalid value (only one arch). Set it to a valid value (at least two architectures), or comment it out to let MacPorts set it to the default value.

This appears to be a bug in macOS 12. See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/64764.

> --->  Found 2 broken files, matching files to ports
> Warning: No port p5.26-net-ssleay found in the index; can't rebuild

You have the p5.26-net-ssleay port installed but it no longer exists. You can uninstall it.

"sudo port uninstall obsolete" would uninstall all ports that no longer exist.

"sudo port reclaim" would do that and other cleanup activities.