Does the migration procedure keep ports versions?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Oct 1 00:22:08 UTC 2022

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022, chilli.namesake at gmail.com wrote:

[...]

> When HS was first released, I swear it wasn't supported on 2010, and
> there was the typical expected uproar from customers, and a High Sierra
> patcher tool was quickly released by an independent developer
> (possibly http://dosdude1.com/software.html ) allowing models back to
> 2008 to install it, But according to MacTracker, High Sierra is
> supported on 2010 MBP.  Maybe I had it wrong, maybe Apple had a change
> of heart.

Interesting; I didn't have to use that tool, as it "just worked" and my
local Mac shop (from whom I bought my 2nd-hand MBP) recommended Sierra
only.

But I wanted to use Garage Band etc.

Apple is trying to force me (a pensioner) to buy the very latest, but I
don't see them contributing towards the cost...

-- Dave