GIMP Quartz broken on 10.7, perhaps gtk

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Wed Oct 5 09:43:23 UTC 2022

Hello,

as I mentioned in this bug () GIMP is not usable on 10.7 because no text
displays on any widget. The previous version did work.
I want to investigate in which component the issue is.
I suppose in GTK and its quartz integration.

First, I wanto to understand if GIMP-quartz is based on gtk2 or gtk3.

I see this:
  gtk-osx-application-common-gtk2 @2.0.8_0
  gtk-osx-application-common-gtk2 @3.0.1_2 (active)
  gtk-osx-application-gtk2 @2.0.8_0
  gtk-osx-application-gtk2 @3.0.1_2 (active)

is the version "3.x" misleading and is it actually still gtk2 based? Or
maybe the whole breakage is given by a gtk switch.

Do you think of font related packages instead, like harfbuzz?

Cheers,
Riccardo