Error with 'port -vst install'

Pieter van Oostrum pieter-l at vanoostrum.org
Fri Oct 7 19:16:50 UTC 2022

Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 01:55:10PM +0200, Pieter van Oostrum wrote:
>> It fails to create the directory
>> '/opt/local/var/macports/sip-workaround/502/usr'. In fact on a
>> previous run it failed to create
>> '/opt/local/var/macports/sip-workaround/502' and then I created that
>> directory manually. And then it fails at the next level. I don't like
>> to create the whole directory structure manually. Is there anything
>> else I can do, or is this actually a bug?
>
> That's unexpected. You should be able to just completely delete
> /opt/local/var/macports/sip-workaround/502 and try again. If that
> doesn't work, make sure that the permissions for
> /opt/local/var/macports/sip-workaround are drwxrwxrwt, i.e. chmod 1777.

Although your suggestion solved the problem for me, I have another followup.

I found this ticket, which describes the same problem: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53435
It is six years old and it is marked as fixed, but now it seems to have cropped up again. Some kind of regression, maybe?

With kind regards,
Pieter van Oostrum
--
Pieter van Oostrum <pieter at vanoostrum.org>