py27-pygtk

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:23:23 UTC 2022

I'm trying to build gimp2.10.32 (I'm the mac maintainer). I've got a custom
Portfile, but for the life of me, I can't get gimps autotools (configure.ac)
to pick up on `py27-pygtk`.

I've set done this:

set python_framework        ${frameworks_dir}/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
configure.pkg_config_path
${python_framework}/lib/pkgconfig:${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig

with and without the second path.

I've tried many variants of

depends_lib-append port:pygtk-2.0.pc:py27-pygtk

with and without the .pc file and with and without directories before them.

But every time on build I get

checking for pygtk-codegen-2.0... no
checking for pygtk defs... Package pygtk-2.0 was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pygtk-2.0.pc'
No package 'pygtk-2.0' found

and

Error: GIMP configuration failed.

  - PyGTK 2.10.4 or newer
      *** Please install it, or skip building the python scripting
extension by
      *** passing --disable-python to configure (but then you will not be
able
      *** to use scripts for GIMP that are written in Python).
  - pygtk-codegen-2.0 script
      *** Please install it, or skip building the python scripting
extension by
      *** passing --disable-python to configure (but then you will not be
able
      *** to use scripts for GIMP that are written in Python).
  - PyCairo 1.0.2 or newer
      *** Please install it, or skip building the python scripting
extension by
      *** passing --disable-python to configure (but then you will not be
able
      *** to use scripts for GIMP that are written in Python).

The .pc file is definitely present at the pkg_config_path.

Here's the relevant bits of configure.ac:

m4_define([pygtk_required_version], [2.10.4])

# pygtk-codegen-2.0 and the defsdir are used for the `dist` target,
# regardless of whether Python is enabled or not. Their absence don't
# break simple builds but we still check them.
AC_PATH_PROG(PYGTK_CODEGEN, pygtk-codegen-2.0, no)

AC_MSG_CHECKING(for pygtk defs)
PYGTK_DEFSDIR=`$PKG_CONFIG --variable=defsdir pygtk-2.0`
AC_SUBST(PYGTK_DEFSDIR)
AC_MSG_RESULT($PYGTK_DEFSDIR)

  # check for PyGTK
  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PYGTK, pygtk-2.0 >= pygtk_required_version,,
                    [pycheck_error([PyGTK pygtk_required_version or newer],
[it])])

Any help is much appreciated!

Lukas