Catelina xcode

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 27 23:35:40 UTC 2022

On Oct 11, 2022, at 22:46, James Linder wrote:

> My wife’s machine is Catelina (and Ends at Big Sur). It has, and I/She uses lots of ports and IIRC we have used Qt before, but when I try to build something I get the XCode license dialog. No worries, accept. "Something is wrong see the log”
> The something wrong turn out to be Certificate Expired.
> After spelunking I got an Xcode for catelina. Install. "Something is wrong see the log” Again Certificate Expired.
>
> OK I’m starting to fumble. Setting her date back for a build is like a lead balloon.
> A VM with no internet sccess ?
>
> Any body able to guide me please?

Can you show the exact error message from the log?

You shouldn't have any trouble installing a compatible version of Xcode on Catalina, or for that matter on any other OS version, and you shouldn't need to change your computer's date.

The list of compatible Xcode versions for Catalina is at:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/XcodeVersionInfo#macOS10.15

Don't forget to install the matching version of the Xcode command line tools.