Questions on migration to macOS Ventura

Artemio González López artemiog at mac.com
Tue Oct 25 17:58:19 UTC 2022

I just upgraded to macOS Ventura, and would like to migrate my MacPorts installation accordingly. However, when following the instructions at https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration I realized that the MacPorts installer for Ventura has not been released yet. My questions are the following:

1. Should I build MacPorts from source on my machine, or is it better to wait for the “official” installer?

2. Should I choose the latter option, would it be safe to keep using in the meantime the ports I have already installed (w/o trying to update ports or install new ones)?

Thanks a lot in advance, and thank you for your great work,

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
artemiog at mac.com