SBCL build hangs (seemlingly forever).

joerg van den hoff veedeehjay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:09:10 UTC 2022

maybe related (but not identical to)

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/65340

in my case, running with port's -v option I get

--->  Building sbcl
This is SBCL 1.2.11, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
#-------

and that's that. no manifest build failure/error message. just sitting there. CPU goes up to 100%
(consumed by SBCL itself) and the build never succeeds (not within >1h, anyway).

SBCL is installed as a dependency of `maxima'. question: if SBCL build cannot be fixed easily, could
the maxima build switch to a different lisp incarnation?

thx/joerg

ps: seen with sbcl @2.2.5 (lang) and macos 12.5.1. I note that the message from SBCL when it starts
the 'infinite' build refers to version 1.2.11 while the package states 2.2.5: is this as it should be?