missing pre-compiled packages

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 18 11:41:17 UTC 2022

Hi,

Binaries aren’t available if the licenses of the port, and its dependencies, do not allow it.

To check if this is the case you should refer to the build logs which you can find from the ports site. E.g.

https://ports.macports.org/port/git

Then check the builds tab. Pick one, and then check the gather archives log

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-12_arm64-builder/builds/61881/steps/gather-archives/logs/stdio

"git" is not distributable because its license "GPL-2" conflicts with license "GPL-3+" of dependency "gdbm"