Can I disable progress bars?

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:01:11 UTC 2022

On Thu, 22 Sept 2022 at 22:43, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022, Clemens Lang wrote:
>
> >   port upgrade outdated | cat
> >
> > This makes stdout a pipe rather than a tty and thus invalidates the
> > first condition.

I've now run into the opposite problem, which is "Too long with no output
(exceeded 10m0s): context deadline exceeded".

So what I really need is a progress bar that writes something to the
console at least every 9 minutes or so as long as it is still working. The
offending package was rust.

A single dot as progress indicator instead of the flurry of dots is
probably the answer (plus doing it less often).