How can I restore /opt/local from time machine backup drive?

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Sun Apr 30 04:20:46 UTC 2023

You’re not trying to restore Time Machine, are you? It doesn’t live in /opt/local. So I assume you are trying to use Time Machine to restore everything under /opt/local. Is that right?

If that’s the case, one of the steps is going wrong. For starters, I would select /opt in the Finder window that Time Machine displays before selecting the date in the timeline.
—
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
“Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ’I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”