How can I restore /opt/local from time machine backup drive?

Tao Zhang tao.zhang at colorado.edu
Sun Apr 30 04:54:41 UTC 2023

Hi Peter,
  Yes. I want to use Time Machine to restore everything under /opt/local
because
  installing Macport package causes the failure of other working
software, such as NCL, ncview....
   It turns out that I made a mistake for "enter time machine".
   I click the "application--->time machine app" to activate the time
machine. It's wrong.
  I should choose "enter time machine" in the time machine icon at top
of Macbook laptop.

  Now it is OK to restore the files.

  Tao