ImageMagick and rust?

James Secan james.secan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:18:08 UTC 2023

Continuing to install all my MacPort ports on the new M2Pro Mini.  I’m watching ImageMagick install, and suddenly I’m seeing that rust is being installed.  I was not expecting that. Is ImageMagick being ported to rust?

All in all I’m pretty impressed with the new machine.  In loading MacPorts on new machines in the past, there’s always one or two port builds where the fans start spinning like a turbofan about to take off.  So far I’ve not heard any fan noise from this new machine, and the outer case has been only slightly warm at one point (although it’s warming up again on the rust build).

Jim
Seattle, WA