GIMP Quartz broken on 10.7, perhaps gtk

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Jan 8 08:14:28 UTC 2023

Hi,

I come back to this - I want GIMP back on older systems, since I use(d)
it! We know it is broken on 10.6 and 10.7 and it used to work about a
year ago, even on 10.5 when using Ken's legacy MacPorts repository which
is no longer there.

First, I updated my 10.7 box - just to see it still happens. I have seen
some ports updated.

Then I made a local port repository to bring back to older releases some
libraries or maybe gimp itself, to try to understand what component(s)
broke it and when.

I went back in time with harfbuzz, boing back to 3.4. The issue still
presents.

What other library which is related to font drawing would you check?

Riccardo