GIMP Quartz broken on 10.7, perhaps gtk

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Wed Jan 11 14:02:48 UTC 2023

Hi Ken

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> The default x11 installation of gimp works perfectly.
>
> I know that is not the version you want, you want the +quartz version.
>
> But there’s a data point, at least, and a likely clue as to where to look for the issue with font rendering.

yes, it is a data-point. It restricts everything to quartz.
Also it shows that gtk3 is "more broken" than gtk2.... also my
experience. I tried using meld and beyond missing text, also controls
are drawn absurdly.

I still have a non-updared 10.5 system "that works" and which has your
od repository. I will check versions there and try further, looking for
harfbuzz and pango.

Riccardo