GIMP Quartz broken on 10.7, perhaps gtk

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sat Jan 21 23:20:30 UTC 2023

Hi,

On 2023-01-12 14:12:38 +0100 Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> My guess would be to look at harfbuzz…make sure our patches there still
> make sense, run the test suite. It can be touchy, different compilers can
> change test results, etc.
>
> To disable one port in an overlay with minimal fuss, rename to Portfile to
> something else (I use Portfile.disabled), and portindex ignores it.

harfbuzz looks fine. I think the problem is pango, although librsvg is a pain because it needs to be rebuilt, current versions check for pango and some combinations did not work for me.
I tried going back in time using old port files from git.

Then, I wne further brewing portfiles for intermediate versions, since we jump directly from 1.42 to 1.48

 1) pango @1.42.4_3+quartz+x11 (active)
 2) pango @1.43.0_0+quartz+x11
 3) pango @1.46.0_0+quartz+x11
 4) pango @1.48.9_0+quartz+x11
 5) pango @1.48.10_0+quartz+x11
 6) pango @1.50.3_0+quartz+x11
 7) pango @1.50.7_0+quartz+x11

1.42.4 works, 1.43 is already broken

GIMP should still use gtk2, so that's easier.

--
Sent with GNUMail running on MacOS 10.7