PortIndex file corrupt?

Thomas Gederberg tgederberg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 22 16:36:24 UTC 2023

Today, while doing a port update, I did a port reclaim and received the followed errors (just a subset of the errors are listed).  What could cause this and how could I fix it?

You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now? [Y/n]: Y
--->  Checking for unnecessary unrequested ports
Found no unrequested ports without requested dependents.
--->  Checking for inactive ports
Inactive ports found:
 sqlite3  @3.40.0_0
 ncurses  @6.3_0
Would you like to uninstall them? [Y/n]: Y
--->  Uninstalling sqlite3 @3.40.0_0
--->  Uninstalling ncurses @6.3_0
--->  Building list of distfiles still in use
Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar may be corrupt.
Warning: Port cctools not found: expected non-negative integer but got "create and view interactive cheatsheets on the command-line"
    while executing
"read $fd $len"
    ("macports_try" body line 6)
Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar may be corrupt.
Warning: Port bzip2 not found: expected non-negative integer but got "homepage"
    while executing
"read $fd $len"
    ("macports_try" body line 6)
Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar may be corrupt.
Warning: Port libiconv not found: expected non-negative integer but got ""