Can gcc13 create fat binaries for Intel+ARM in one-liner?

Ces VLC cesarillovlc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:40:48 UTC 2023

Hi!

Last time I used gcc for creating fat binaries was in the days of Snow
Leopard, using the Apple-bundled version of gcc, which, if I recall
correctly had this behaviour of letting you specify several archs in the
same invocation because of a patch written by Apple. I also seem to recall
that years later I tried a genuine (non-Apple) gcc, and creation of fat
binaries as a one liner was no longer available.

I know that gcc support for Apple Silicon comes as a patch, and it's not
upstreamed yet AFAIK, but I was wondering if that patch lets you build
Intel+ARM universal fat binaries in a single invocation as well, or if
that's not supported.

Kind regards and thanks a lot!