macOS Monterey problem running Okular

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:23:38 UTC 2023

Klaus W wrote on 20230320::07:52:14 re: "Re: macOS Monterey problem running Okular"

Hello Klaus,

I'm copying the MacPorts users mailing list on my reply: this would be the first place to ask about problems like you are having with ports.

I'll try to answer what I can. Hopefully someone from the list will provide additional details.

- Running from a terminal using `open -a ...` is exactly the same thing as launching by clicking on an app icon. What I meant is that you need to launch it as a traditional Unix application:
`/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/Okular.app/Contents/Mac*/okular`

- Other KDE or Qt software: have a look what applications are already installed /Applications/MacPorts/Qt4 and /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4! You will probably have a few official Qt applications like Assistant in the Qt4 folder. Try these first. If your KDE4 folder is otherwise empty the first additional candidate to install is `port:kde4-baseapps` .

R.