OpenSSL version mismatch

Fielding, Eric J (US 329A) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 16 21:47:58 UTC 2023

I had a strange error today when I tried to use the “ssh” that is installed on my Mac with MacPorts:
‘OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 30000080, you have 30100000’

I think I might have installed a port recently without doing the full “port selfupdate” and “port upgrade outdated”, so it seems that the OpenSSL library was updated but not the “openssh” port. I am running the full “port upgrade outdated” now and it is taking a long time, so it must have been a while since I last ran the updates. It seems like MacPorts should check on the ports that depend on “openSSL” and mark those as needing to be updated if it updates the “openssl” port.

++Eric