OpenSSL version mismatch

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun May 21 20:04:27 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 09:47:58PM +0000, Fielding, Eric J (US 329A) via macports-users wrote:
> I had a strange error today when I tried to use the “ssh” that is
> installed on my Mac with MacPorts: ‘OpenSSL version mismatch. Built
> against 30000080, you have 30100000’
>
> I think I might have installed a port recently without doing the full
> “port selfupdate” and “port upgrade outdated”, so it seems that the
> OpenSSL library was updated but not the “openssh” port. I am running
> the full “port upgrade outdated” now and it is taking a long time, so
> it must have been a while since I last ran the updates. It seems like
> MacPorts should check on the ports that depend on “openSSL” and mark
> those as needing to be updated if it updates the “openssl” port.

This is already the case. [1] updated openssl3 to 3.1.0 and [2] merged
right after it should have triggered a rebuild of openssh immediately
after. I am not sure why this did not happen for you, but not regularly
running 'upgrade outdated' can leave you in this situation. If you
ignore a pending update of the openssh port, there's nothing in
MacPorts' set of tools that would allow us to prevent this situation on
your system.

I recommend you regularly run upgrade outdated to fix issues such as
these.

[1] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/b3cde5bf23f93ea1ebb2010e075bd08e1ca988a9
[2] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/13819785f60e9e79f9fae918f47c9b3aad80d516

--